2021 Adult Summer Reading ends August 31st!
Can you complete our reading challenges? We’ve put together 10 challenges designed to expose you to books you may not be aware of. For each challenge you complete, you will receive one ticket to put towards an array of prizes listed below.
If you complete all 10 challenges, you will receive a Gunn Memorial Library tote bag to fill with books from our book shop!
To register, you can either fill out the form below, register in person, or call the front desk at 860-868-7586.
If you register in person, you will receive a challenge card to keep and fill out.
Tracking Your Challenges
You can track your challenges in one of three ways:
- If you register in person, you will receive a challenge card to keep and fill out as you read.
2. Fill out this Google Form– once you submit the form, we will hold a ticket for you to pick up at the library and place towards the prize of your choice. If you don’t feel comfortable coming into the library yet, you can call us and we will enter the ticket for the prize you want to win.
3. You can print the challenge card at home and either submit the challenges in person or over the phone.
Martie has put together a list of books for each challenge to give you ideas on what to read:
- Non Fiction Books with Tale in Title
- Books with Summer in Title
- Plagues, Pandemics, Epidemics
- Short Story and Essay Collections
- Books With Food, Drink
List of Prizes:
- 2 – $20 Gift Cards to the Hickory Stick Bookshop
- 1- $20 Gift Card to Washington pizza
- 1 – $15 Gift Card to Marty’s Cafe
- 1 – $20 Gift Card to Washington Food Market
- 1 – $20 Gift Card to Five Janes
- 1 – $25 Gift Card to Big Y
- 1 – $25 Gift Card to Stop & Shop
- 1 – $25 Gift Card to the Pantry
- “Two Birds in a Basket” – handmade and donated by Betsy Baker
The Summer Reading Challenge will end August 31st and prizes will be drawn shortly thereafter.