- Keep staff and patrons safe and healthy
- Create and maintain a flexible, consistent and responsive service. Throughout the pandemic we have offered a patron-centric approach, excellent customer service and timeliness
- Access to collections
- Create excellent and safe in-person and virtual programming for all age groups
- Access to technology
We adhere to follow the following procedures to both ensure continuity of service and and safety:
- Masks have always been required both for staff and patrons
- Continue to maintain your social distance from your fellow patrons
- Limited seating for our in-person programming
- Curbside Service continues to be offered
Safety Protocols at the Library & Museum:
- All visitors are required to wear a face covering.
- If unable to wear a face cover, curbside pickup is available.
- Please practice social distancing.
- Use sanitizers placed throughout the building.
- Staff is cleaning high touch surfaces frequently.
- Please do not enter the building if you have been exposed to someone who has, or is suspected of having COVID or not feeling well, or if you are feeling ill.
- Need a library card? Click here to fill out a form. Please note that you will have 60 days to pick up your card and you must bring proof of residency with you when you pick up your card.
- Curbside pickup continues in our foyer during library open hours.
- Place a hold online, call or email.
- Magazines may be checked out for 2 weeks.
- We are no longer quarantining returned items.
The Junior Library is open!
- All ages, with supervision, may enter the building, staying within their family group.
- Grades 6 and up can come into the library without supervision (on their own).
- There is limited public computer access to promote social distancing.
- Multiple distanced work areas are available; ask for locations at the circulation desk.
- Bring your own container if you want to use the water fountains
Curbside Pickup Available!
Call 860-868-7586 to request items and confirm a pickup time.
We will check out materials, bag them, label with your name, and leave them on a table at the main entrance for pickup.
Please bring book donations into the library. Do NOT leave outside. Thank you!