Mission & History
The mission of the Gunn Historical Museum is to collect, preserve, and share the objects and stories which illuminate the history of Washington. Our beginnings date back to 1899 when the local chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution opened the Judea Historical Room in a house on the Green. When the Gunn Memorial Library was built in 1908 the collection was moved across the street into a basement room of the library. In 1965 June Willis bequeathed her house to the library and the museum moved next door.