Kids Online Resources
World Book Online
World Book Online is a database of resources for every learner at every level. World Book Online allows students the chance to access coursework and other educational materials anytime, anywhere—providing a platform to keep them engaged and eager to learn. It also opens the door for those who need additional help or time outside of the classroom. Students have access to easily digestible articles tailored to their reading levels.
- Early Learners can build their vocabulary, comprehension, phonics, and reading fluency with interactive activities
- Elementary students can access hands-on science projects, and age-appropriate articles to find information quickly and develop necessary digital literacy skills.
- Middle Schoolers have a curated section tailored to include multimedia and related resources to support cross-curricular studies.
Looking for a fun & educational activity? World Book Activity Corner has learning-based projects readily available!
There are hundreds of highly illustrated, engaging titles on World eBook that span the K-12 curriculum and includes 400+ sole source World Book titles in addition to world classics from Project Gutenberg.
World Book even has it’s own App- learn how to use it here.
Use your Gunn Library card and explore today!
- ALA ALSC Awards
- Caldecott Medal Winners and Honor Books, 1938-Present
- Newbery Medal and Honor Books, 1922-Present
- Nutmeg Award Winners
Booklists & Reviews
Check out our Spotify account for staff recommended podcasts and playlists!
- CommonSenseMedia.org – offers a wealth of information about media and children on its website. This up-to-date resource provides helpful reviews and recommendation by age for apps, games, movies, tv programs, books, websites and music. The Topic Center helps to educate parents on such topics as, cyberbullying, social media, and general internet safety.
- Khan Academy – a nonprofit with the mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.