Looking for your next favorite book?
Our librarians are always happy to recommend something for you but if you want to do some browsing on your own, here are some great sites to use:
- Search our catalog!
- What Should I Read Next? — Enter a book you like and the site will analyze a huge database of real readers’ favorite books to provide book recommendations and suggestions for what to read next.
- NPR’s Guide to Great YA Reads
- Goodreads’ Teen Book Lists
- Likewise– Personalized book recommendations
GML could always use a helping hand! Learn about the library world while giving back to your community. Fill out the Google Form here!
Research and Reference Resources
- ResearchIT has a collection of free databases, books, articles, and magazines for High School students
- Crash Course– has thousands of YouTube videos that walk you through several topics covered by most AP high school curriculum.
- Khan Academy– A website with tons of online classes that will help you in any subject from Algebra to Grammar to SAT test prep.
College & Career Resources
Test Prep and College Search + Admissions:
- College Board– AP & SAT Prep and college search and admission tools.
- Peterson’s– Test prep and college/scholarship search
Finding a College and Degree Program:
- Best Colleges helps match careers and majors.
- Big Future from the College Board- explore majors and degrees from colleges across the country, compare programs, discover grants, fellowships, scholarships, and financial aid.
Scholarships and Financial Aid:
- Best Colleges– Scholarships & Financial Aid for Students of Color
- Bold.org– Scholarships, Fellowships, and Grants matched to you.
- Connecticut College Affordability Guide
- Student Savings Guide
- FinAid– Financial Aid Guide
Resume Building Resources:
Lifelong Learning Outside of College:
- Affordable Colleges Online– Free open classes from universities around the country.
- Edx– Free online courses from Harvard, MIT, and more.
- Coursera– Free and Paid features; 3,000+ courses, Guided Projects, Specializations, and Professional Certificates
Other Helpful Resources: