The Teen Department is where kids in high school or soon-to-be in high school can come to read about subjects that spark their curiosity and speak to their interests. Come in and browse our books (fiction and non-fiction), audio books, magazines, music CDs, and graphic novels!
Saturday, December 16 10-2
Teens and Tweens ages 9 and older are welcome to stop in and make their very own gifts for friends and family!
We don’t want to ruin the surprise so stop in to find out what gifts we’ll be making. Our crafts may get a little messy so wear junky clothes!
What to Read
Need help finding what to read next? Our librarians are always happy to help, but if you want to do some browsing on your own, give these sites a try.
- What Should I Read Next? — Enter a book you like and the site will analyze a huge database of real readers’ favorite books to provide book recommendations and suggestions for what to read next.
- 2016 Best Fiction for Young Adults
- NPR’s Guide to 2016 Great Reads
- Goodreads’ Teen Book Lists
- TeenReads’ Ultimate Reading List
If you are a teen in the Washington community, join our group of kids just like you to share ideas and create programs that speak to your interests! Starting in the Fall of 2017, our Teen Advisory Board will be looking for a group of kids ages 12-18 to talk about books, music, television, and everything else that influences your life and speaks to your curiosity.
Joining our Teen Advisory Board is a great way to earn community service hours! Click here to fill out our form. Please print out and bring to the front desk or contact Jessica by email at email@example.com.