Resources for Research & Reference
Use your Gunn Memorial Library card to access these databases by entering your 14-digit barcode when prompted for a password or ID number. Access My Library
- Age-appropriate articles from magazines, journals, and newspapers
- Subject-specific articles on science and history, and articles in Spanish
Researching your family history or a historical figure? Try these iCONN.org resources:
- HeritageQuest, Hartford Courant-Historical, and over 600,000 biographies
- CT Digital Collections for historical photographs, maps, oral histories
Looking for something to read or listen to? Use iCONN.org to access:
- Downloadable Books – over 2,300 eAudio and over 700 eBook titles
- Statewide library catalog representing more than 400 library collections
Access this multimedia encyclopedia for research starters, teachers’ resources, news timelines, interactive atlas, dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia Americana, a journal of 25,000 current and historical events. For home access, you must first register.
Ready to get your driver’s license? Click here to access the manual and practice taking the test!