Resources for Research & Reference
Use your Gunn Memorial Library card to access these databases by entering your 14-digit barcode when prompted for a password or ID number. Access My Library
- Age-appropriate articles from magazines, journals, and newspapers
- Subject-specific articles on science and history, and articles in Spanish
Researching your family history or a historical figure? Try these ResearchItresources:
- HeritageQuest, Hartford Courant-Historical, and over 600,000 biographies
- CT Digital Collections for historical photographs, maps, oral histories
Looking for something to read or listen to? Use ResearchIt to access:
- Downloadable Books – over 2,300 eAudio and over 700 eBook titles
- Statewide library catalog representing more than 400 library collections
Crash Course– has thousands of YouTube videos that walk you through several topics covered by most AP high school curriculum.
Khan Academy– A website with tons of online classes that will help you in any subject from Algebra to Grammar to SAT test prep.
Access this multimedia encyclopedia for research starters, teachers’ resources, news timelines, interactive atlas, dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia Americana, a journal of 25,000 current and historical events. For home access, have your library card ready!
Ready to get your driver’s license? Click here to access the manual and practice taking the test!